Scope and Responsibility
Ms. Diederich serves as Prof. Henderson’s data protection officer and can be contacted at email@example.com.
How Your Information Will Be Used
The personal data that Prof. Henderson maintains may include your name, email address, company or organization, gender, industry type and age or age bracket. This personal data will be stored by Prof. Henderson for a period of 20 years.
Prof. Henderson will use your personal data solely for the purpose of communicating with you with respect to her book, Reimagining Capitalism; to inform you about and invite you to attend or participate in speaking engagements of, online courses taught by, and other events and programs involving, Prof. Henderson; to send you articles, postings and other content by Prof. Henderson that she believes may be of interest to you; and to ask you to connect on other social media platforms.
Prof. Henderson will not use your personal data for any other purpose. Without your express prior written consent, Prof. Henderson will not share your personal data with any other entity or organization, or with any person other than employees of and contractors to Prof. Henderson with a need to view and use such personal data for the purposes set out above.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while Prof. Henderson is in possession of your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that she holds about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that she holds about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can always ask for the data maintained about you to be erased from Prof. Henderson’s records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data held about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to prohibit your data from being subject to automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: you have the right to complain as outlined below.
Prof. Henderson, at your request, will confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Prof. Henderson does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Prof. Henderson or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If Prof. Henderson intends to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization, you will be provided with information about how that transfer will be securely accomplished. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Prof. Henderson accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport or driver’s license or other government-issued id.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being stored or used by Prof. Henderson, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Prof. Henderson’s data protection representative whose contact information is provided above.
Prof. Henderson complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the provisions of the GDPR relating to children. Prof. Henderson does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 16 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 16 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 16 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Protection of Personal Data
Prof. Henderson uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of all of the personally identifiable information that you provide to her. The server is located in a locked, secure environment.
Permission to access your personal data is granted only to you and Prof. Henderson’s employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you and who are required to keep the information confidential. Although all of those make a good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, complete security cannot be guaranteed.
Links to Other Sites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Prof. Henderson complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As part of that Act, all registered users of the Site may make any changes to their information by sending an email to the Data Protection Officer whose contact information appears above.